[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Design Team meeting, Monday 5 Sept, 15:00 UTC, #sugar-meeting

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:14:22 EDT 2011

2011/9/5 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>

> Hi Manuel,
>
> On 5 Sep 2011, at 00:51, manuel quiñones wrote:
> {...}
> As discussed in the Design Meeting today, here are some variations on the
> colouring of the tabs, with the goal of making the tab design feel more part
> of the Sugar toolbars, and to be more clear which toolbars is currently
> selected (especially an issue when there are only two tabs open):

The two tab confusion also occurs in Terminal.

One simple solution might be to bold the tab label in the selected tab.  The
other graphic changes would be welcome too, as bolding by itself may be less
apparent.

The always present tab row does consume page view space on small screens.
 Might we also add a 'hide tabs' toggle to the view toolbar?

Thanks!
                      --Fred