[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Labyrinth - Maze

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:46:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Rafael Ortiz
<rafael at activitycentral.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
> alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Yesterday, trying out some new activities I found a little matter of
>> translation:
>>
>> The activity "Maze", is "correct" translated in spanish: "Laberinto".. the
>> game is resolve
>> an labyrinth..
>>
>> The activity "Labyrinth" (that I don't like the name :-) is also
>> translated as: "Laberinto"...
>>
>> This not make any bug.. but.. generates a few of confusion..
>>
>> What you think?
>>

> This has been discussed before, and IMO the best path to follow here is
> that Labyrinth dev changes the activity's name.

I agree a name change would be the best solution.  I would also note that
while localizers should try to clearly and accurately translate the author's
intended string, they owe a higher duty to the user to minimize confusion.
It would be possible to provide a Spanish name for Labyrinth that more
clearly represents the activity's function, even without the author's
correction.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator