[Sugar-devel] Tux Paint - Save and new

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Mon Oct 24 04:45:29 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 07:47:01PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 05:36:06PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > > What you need in Paint activity not available today?
> >
> > Well, it depends on a purpose... ;)
> >
> > If purpose is exactly to paint something, then for sure, Paint is just
> > works. But imagine for a bit that you are not a developer but a person
> > [maybe young person] who is just opening this feature. From this
> > perspective, what we will get after opening two these applications:
> >
> > * Paint, all-grey screen with standard set of painting primitives
> > * Tuxpaint, colorful screen when even standard painting primitives
> >  contain something special, but there are bunch of another places to
> >  explore and get excited
> >

> Hmm, then we need re-think sugar ui at all! :)

For example, I prefer to have a flat and rectangular table to work at.
But that doesn't mean that all things I'm creating sitting at
this table are all time flat and rectangular. In other words, having
simple and clean UI for the Shell, basic/common tools/activities, and
optional widgets to use in other activities (for people who prefer
following Shell's UI), thats good. For me, trying to make all
activities (not Shell and Fructose) all gray, well is a kind of
overkill.

> I am trying to improve Paint, but without loosing a simple
> and integrated experience.
> Manuel is planning add different pencils (most of the backend work is
> alreday done to support stamps)
> and add to the pencils the possibility to follow the movement direction.
> About adding clip art, I think would be better if we can found a solution to
> share resources,
> and add media useful to many activities.

Fine, if purpose is not only making grey activities.

--
Aleksey