[Sugar-devel] Record activity

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 00:13:53 EDT 2011

Hello!
Yes, it work's..
Removing this line, the format showed is ".jpg"
But, is correct have an ".jpe" like an ".jpg" or ".jpeg" ??
It's a Fedora or Sugar problem?
Regards
Alan

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 00:55:04 -0300
From: gonzalo at laptop.org
To: garycmartin at googlemail.com
CC: alanjas at hotmail.com; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org; walter.bender at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Record activity

Probably the problem is not in the activities, but in sugar.
The activities do not add extensions to the files saved in the journal.
When sugar copy a file from the journal to a pendrive or the Documents directory, add the extension.

But is not very inteligent, take the last extension available in /usr/share/mime/globs
(you can see the method get_primary_extension in the mime.py file)
You can resolve the issue temporally removing the line
image/jpeg:*.jpe

from /usr/share/mime/globs

Gonzalo

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:

On 22 Oct 2011, at 04:14, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> I have tested with the last version and have the same problem.

> Can you fill a ticket?

I noticed the other day that the Telescope activity (formerly XoScope) has also been saving out images as .jpe format (I've been testing 11.3.0 build 8) – though I guess it might well share some level of code with Record.

Regards,

--Gary