[Sugar-devel] Single sign-on for Sugar Labs resources

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Wed Oct 19 16:58:58 EDT 2011

On 19 October 2011 23:40, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 01:17:12PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 01:10:22AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > > This is an invitation to broad discussion and pointing out possible
> > > down sides of this decision (in addition to [1]).

If it assists in the debate, I have to admit that I don't even try to look
at anything to do with olpc or sugar (other than emails) if I don't have my
own computer to hand as I save all the passwords in it.  I can't remember
how to log into the different systems, and I can't even remember all the
systems!

In the 3 1/2 years I have been volunteering for olpc and sugar I can only
recall one major outage of a service (where a service was unavailable for a
significant length of time). Note that I don't use all the services listed
by James.

In part of making things easier for volunteers, it would also be useful to
have a page that lists all the services - that might serve as a homepage for
volunteers. But that is a different topic, which it would be nice to discuss
in a new thread.

Tabitha