[Sugar-devel] Proposal for 0.96 schedule

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Oct 19 11:19:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have outlined a possible 0.96 schedule at [1]. The following things
have been changed/adjusted due to experiences from previous schedules:

* I want to make sure we have early releases already to gather feedback
of the current state. Those may break and have issues but some of the
testers may want to have a look at them already.

* We will have a feature submission deadline to be able to do a bit of
planning and to get feedback about those features from the community.
Also there will be a date when the accepted features are announced. No
new features are accepted for proposal for that cycle after that date.

* After the feature freeze we have a window of 4 weeks to make UI and
string adjustments. This is important as often we get feedback when the
features landed and need to adjust the UI including the strings. The UI
and string freeze is at the same date, no need to have the string freeze
at a later date.

* We have a window of 4 weeks for bug fixes and stabilization after the
UI/string freeze.

As always the schedule is aligned with the GNOME schedule (3.4) and the
upcoming Fedora 17 schedule.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
    Simon