[Sugar-devel] Potential volunteer offering technical writing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:10:05 EDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011 6:28 PM, "Cherry Withers" <cwithers at ekindling.org> wrote:
> Could you please shed a light on which manuals in FlossManuals make up the

> Help Activity? Some of us who will be jumping in to refresh it don't know
much about
> the history.

To be honest, I don't really know. Here's what I know:

- open the help activity
- look at the left-panel navigation TOC
- open the Sugar manual -- you'll see lots of topics aren't there!

So the topics that aren't there are in general from manuals about a specific
activity. There is also a flossmanual about the XO itself -- I think some
chapters from there have been included.

On flossmanuals, there is an option to "make a book" or something like that.
When you do that, it lets you pick and order chapters from many manuals.
Perhaps that's what's been done -- perhaps the mix was prepared on the
flossmanuals website.

It is trivial to see if you look at both the Help activity and the stuff on
flossmanuals.

cheers,