[Sugar-devel] Potential volunteer offering technical writing

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Oct 5 13:11:10 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>
> wrote:
> >> Right, here I am not sure if you have seen:  the current Help activity
> >> is a combination of several floss manuals mixed together. And it looks
> >> like it may have some tweaks and customizations.
> >
> > Quoting a contemporary thinker "we can use a directory capable
> filesystem"
>
> Hmm, say you have a few translations. Say you have /screenshots/ in
> the different languages.

We do not have translations in Help Activity.
And is not a good idea use the same tools/strategies to translate a few
strings in a activity
and a full text document.

Include multiple languages in the Help activity does not scale.

We can use get-books/pathagar to resolve the multiple languages and the
infinite storage problem.

I think the first problem is have the updated manuals, and can be done in a
few days by a group of volunteers.

Gonzalo

I like directory-capable filesystems, but they suck at the