[Sugar-devel] Global text to speech

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Nov 23 17:09:21 EST 2011

Hi,

The OLE Nepal library on the school server includes wiktionary. However,
I think the dictionary would have to be small enough to keep on the
internal store of the XO.

I am thinking of a scenario where a student is reading a text in a
language other than the native language with a controlled vocabulary
(e.g. <3500 words) and could click on a word to get the definition in
the native language. In such cases a small dictionary could be developed
fairly easily.

The trick is to select the word being clicked on. I suspect selecting
and then clicking would be fairly easy to implement.

Tony