[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Global Text to Speech

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Nov 21 21:23:14 EST 2011

Attached is a first try of implementation, to discuss.

Is using gstreamer-plugins-espeak, already included in the last images,
and used in all the activities using text-to-speech. Do not add any new
dependency.

A device is added in the frame to configure pitch and velocity,
and the hotkey alt-shift-s is used to say the selected text.

The SpeechManager provide a simple say_text method to be used by activities
if needed.

A pending functionality is add a list of languages, to translate it and
have a single list,
and do not need translate this list in every activity. There are code in
Speak activity to do this,
I need look at this.

Gonzalo