[Sugar-devel] automatic backlight control

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:15:03 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> i've already had some guarded negative feedback on both of these
> new behaviors, so i'm looking for more of that, as well as positive
> feedback to balance it out.  :-)

Hi folks -- I was one of the early commenters on this. And Paul gave
me a, ahem, strong recommendation. All caps. Neon lights, blinking:

        TRY IT OUT ON AN XO-1.75

None of what Paul says seems to make sense until you try it out on an
XO-1.75. Outdoors, in the sun. You can yum update now, or you can get
os12 in a couple hours.

You can mimic it on earlier hw -- take it to the bright sunlight. Dim
it to the lowest backlight. Now hit the 'dimmer' key for greyscale.

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions