[Sugar-devel] Removing hippo from Chat

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Nov 17 13:22:46 EST 2011

I was working i removing the use of hippo in Chat activity.
I have implemented a HBox type container to substitute the RoundBox,
and used TextView to display the text.

There are a few pending issues:

* If the text writen in a message is longer than the horizontal space in
one row,
the box is widen, and the text is not sent to another row. I have tried
using
textview.set_wrap_mode(gtk.WRAP_WORD), but this cut every row with one word.

* There are issue with the repainting of the cairo based RoundBox. The
first row,
after the activity alert is hidden, is not repainted.

* The smiley images are aligned at bottom with the text.
In the old Chat were aligned at middle and looked better.

* After changing to another activity and come back, the palette asociated
to a url,
show a error message " Cannot update the palette position." and is not
displayed.

Comments and ideas, welcomed.

Gonzalo