[Sugar-devel] A network question

Peter Hewitt prh at mulawa.net
Thu Nov 10 23:22:53 EST 2011

At 01:55 PM 11/11/2011, James Cameron wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 01:47:10PM +1000, Peter Hewitt wrote:
> > ok test net
> >
> > nothing on B
>
>Does the wireless LED blink during this test?

Yes

>Does the test take about two seconds?

Yes

And ... I have now discovered the command test /wlan
which produces an identical result on both XO-1s but with different RSSI
numbers.

>If yes to both questions, perhaps an antenna cable has come lose or
>broken.  Try it right next to your access point.

XOs side by side - no change to original symptoms - ie no Mesh icon pulsing
on B

>Lastly, the following test proves communication with the wireless device
>itself:
>
>ok dev /wlan
>ok .properties
>If you see a mac-address (e.g. 00 17 c4 .. .. ..) then some level of
>communication was possible.

In case some other newbie is reading this ... there is a period before
"properties" ... but ...

there is no sign of a MAC address on either machine. The output from this
command is the same on both machines.

On my XO 1.5 it does list "fullmac" but still no sign of a MAC address.