[Sugar-devel] Running sugar through PXE

Mathieu Jobin somekool at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:34:24 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I am new to sugar. I set it up so i can boot the image through PXE. The initial boot phase works. But it fails while trying to mount the root fs.

On the live CD it is set as root=live:LABEL=iso-filename or something similar. But the CD is not in the drive. So that points no where.

I tried set it up to root=/dev/null like the Slitaz distro is doing. A distro I am also booting through PXE.

I tried setting up to mount a NFS share on the LAN. But root nfs doesn't seems supported.

Before getting into rebuilding the Sugar image. I was wondering if there is something that could work out of the box?

Thanks

Sent from my Phone.