[Sugar-devel] [support-gang] how to force Sugar Activities to start fresh? (eg. XO OS 11.2.0 = Build 874)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:06:37 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> G'day Adam,
>
> The holding down of the alt key in the activity view was introduced in
> Sugar 0.86 [1], and 11.2.0 is based on Sugar 0.94, and I've tested it
> just now and the feature works fine for me.
>
> Sometimes the left-alt key fails on membrane keyboards.  Please test
> that the alt key works.  You can do this easily by opening two
> activities and using alt-tab to switch between them.  If this doesn't
> work, then there's more investigation to do.
>
> Otherwise, you can use the ok prompt to "test /keyboard".
>
> 1.
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Notes#Home_Favourites_View_Improvements
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

The graying out is Sugar's way of telling you that you'll get a fresh
instance instead of reopening the most recent. If you are seeing gray,
then it should work. Perhaps the children are releasing the Alt key
before clicking?

Alternatively, right click brings up the hover menu immediately. At
the bottom of the hover menu for activities on the Home View is the
option to open a new instance.

regards.

-walter

--