[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 2 07:27:19 EDT 2011

On 02.11.2011, at 11:28, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 3) Can I create the persistent usb on my MacBook using the instructions I
>> found in item 4 on this page?
>
> You can create persistent images with overlays (you always have been
> able to).

But only under Linux, so far. The livecd-iso-to-disk tool has not been ported to OS X. The iso can be used directly on the Mac but won't have persistence.

Disk Utility on the Mac should be able to put a preconfigured image onto a USB stick. May be such an image file (created on Linux) could be made available for Caryl to download?

- Bert -