[Sugar-devel] SunMoonMusic Activity does not open in Mango Lassi

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 30 19:54:19 EDT 2011

I've no idea what might be special, the activity looks normal to me, but
if there is no error log left behind my next step in diagnosis is to
launch the activity from a Terminal prompt using sugar-launch, then if
still no output is visible launch it with strace and interpret the
output.

To launch using sugar-launch, start Terminal, "cd" to the activity
directory, check the activity bundle id or service name from the
activity/activity.info file, and then use it like so:

	sugar-launch ${NAME}

where ${NAME} os the bundle id or service name, in your case
org.laptop.SunMoonMusic.

It is unfortunate that this is so complex, but an alternative is:

	cd ~/Activities/SunMoonMusic.activity && \
	sugar-launch \
	$(grep bundle_id activity/activity.info | cut -f3 -d' ')

To capture further diagnostic data using strace, add the word strace
before the word sugar-launch.  You can redirect the output to a file.

	cd ~/Activities/SunMoonMusic.activity && \
	strace -o strace.log -f \
	sugar-launch \
	$(grep bundle_id activity/activity.info | cut -f3 -d' ')

I offer to review the output if you still don't see what is causing
the problem.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/