[Sugar-devel] Latest Audio Tests with Record Activity

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Tue May 24 20:33:56 EDT 2011

I've just completed exhaustive tests for audio recording (ogg/vorbis) using
the Record activity with various incarnations of Sugar. Happily, there are
many more compatibilities that I've observed before.

FWIW, these are the results:

SoaS Strawberry (0.84): Record v64 only (and the quality is only fair; there
is some breakup). This is currently the weak link in the chain; it's too bad
this SoaS Strawberry isn't compatible with Record v86 (see immediately
below).

XO-1 and XO-1.5, the former upgraded to 0.84: Record v86 (excellent).

Blueberry, Mirabelle, Mango lassi, and both XO-1 and XO-1.5 when upgraded to
Fedora 15 (0.92): Record v90 and 91 (excellent).

Incidentally, all my SoaS tests were carried out via USB sticks made by Live
USB Creator v3.10. It's able successfully to create SoaS thumb drives *that
boot* from Strawberry up through the latest nightly Fedora 15 builds (a
really handy utility).

Art Hunkins