[Sugar-devel] Free Scratch

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:31:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark at verizon.net> wrote:

> I heard today that about a year ago, the license was changed to something that
> might make it non-free by some FLOSS definition. no derivatives? non-commerial
> use? no access to scratch community site for uploads?

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Terms_of_use
"All projects shared on the Scratch website, as well as the Scratch
support materials, are shared under the Creative Commons license with
the conditions: Attribution - Share Alike. The Scratch software is
completely free of charge and its source code is available under the
Scratch License. The software behind the Scratch website is under the
General Public License version 2."

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_License

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_License/1.4License