[Sugar-devel] [OLPC-AU] another Favorites View proposal

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed May 18 21:16:17 EDT 2011

> (One home view could be *all*, meaning we could even eliminate
> the need to launch activities from the list view)

I personally prefer the list view to remain -- it provides a convenient
place where to erase installed Activities that one no longer wants.
[I think Activities should NOT be removable-from-storage through Home
View Ring, etc.]

Further, I myself have over 100 Activities installed on my XO (their
code physically resides on an SD card).  To show *all* of them in one
screen makes their icons very small.  But list view, since it is
scrollable, provides the visual room to list "What all *is* there?"
(both label and decent-sized icon) for the person looking at that XO.

mikus