[Sugar-devel] no rpm command in my sugar trisquel image

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue May 17 18:18:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:41:07AM -0400, Rodolfo D. Arce S. wrote:
> For Debian:
>
> sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep pygtk

Good guess, but no.

dpkg --get-selections only provides package names and installation
status.  Besides, the package name prefix is python-gtk usually.

Better way on a Debian or Debian derived system is either:

sudo dpkg --list python-gtk\*

or

sudo dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Package} ${Version}\n' python-gtk\*

I don't know if this applies to Trisquel.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/