[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:56:00 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM,  <mokurai at earthtreasury.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 3:42 am, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> How can XOs copy files to/from their Journal with a server? We want
>> the ability for teachers to easily make files available for children,
>> and for children to upload to the server.
>
> This appears to be a problem for the Devel list. If the server can be made
> to appear in the frame in much the same way that an inserted USB drive
> appears, this task will be easy. Or I should say, a shared folder on the
> server, perhaps one per class or one per child.

That is exactly the approach I plan to follow for next backup system
in dextrose 3 OS build!

In the previous dextrose versions we simply used dsd's scripts to
rsync the datastore folder (raw). But we also think that emulating the
volumes would work a lot better + multi-selection for journal entries
which I plan to start working this week :)