[Sugar-devel] Record v90 (was: v89)

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon May 16 14:56:17 EDT 2011

Testing audio-only Record-90:

Strange results. I tested with the latest 0.92 nightly version
(Fedora-15-Nightly-20110515.07-i686-Live-soas.iso) that Tom Gilliard found
to boot. (I was able to successfully create it with Live USB Creator.)

I recorded on two systems, one with camera, one without. Record worked as
might be expected except for two crucial facts: 1) playback was a silent
file, with only an opening and closing click/short noise-burst; 2) the files
are generated in ogg SPEEX format, not ogg vorbis (hence they are of no use
to me). With the camera system, during audio recording color video was
animated (unlike below).

One other test: Record-90 on an XO-1.5 upgraded to 0.84. Things generally
proceded as expected, but with a frozen video picture during recording.
Unexpectedly, the resultant audio was ogg VORBIS, but with intermittent
stuttering or pauses.

I verified all audio results by playing them with Audacity on my desktop PC;
same results as described above.

Strange indeed . . .

Art Hunkins