[Sugar-devel] Sugar, PyGTK and Threadings

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:01:33 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

in my application i'm developping using PyGTK, i want to use a separate
Thread to do some stuffs on the application canvas (which on my application
is set to a gtk.DrawingArea).
So i've read the PyGTK FAQ, particularly this page :PyGTK FAQ Question
20.06<http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&file=faq20.006.htp>

But i wonder if i still need to call *gobject.threads_init() *in the main
module of my bundle (the one that is declared in the activity.info) as it is
inherited from sugar.activity.activity.Activity class
That is : does the sugar.activity.activity.Activity already does the work
for me ? Or where should i call threads_init() (as i don't call gtk.main()
myself) ?

Regards