[Sugar-devel] Secondary Menus

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:05:23 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> It seems in certain circumstances the second menus do work on Fedora
>> 15 (thanks Thomas for testing). I suspect there was a new dep added to
>> sugar for this feature that we're not actually depending on and its
>> hence only getting installed in certain situations. Can anyone who
>> worked on this verify what new deps are required for this feature? It
>> would be nice to get this fixed for F15, we only have a couple of days
>> to get the fix in.
>
> Any further details? Where are the results from Thomas posted?

Basically the live image doesn't work. If its installed another way
(from complete DVD or netinst or similar) it does. That sounds to me
there's a new dep (likely a python one) that we're not explicitly
pulling in for F-15 SoaS image that gets pulls in by something else in
a standard install. Is there a new python module that we used to
implement the secondary toolbars? Can someone look at the code and
give me a list of modules used for the secondary menus?

There's more details in a recent response from me to the SoaS list.

I'm going to try and recreate it but I'm travelling this weekend and I
might not get the chance so any info would help here.

Regards,
Peter