[Sugar-devel] hashlib instead sha

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed May 4 08:21:09 EDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 01:30 PM, Guillermo Narvaez wrote:
> Hi!
> I've found in our image (based on 0.92) that the script util.py (used by
> sugar-install-bunde) use the deprecated module sha; so I just change for
> hashlib and it works.
> I don't know the upstream process so... help please!
>
> J. Guillermo Narvaez

Hi Guillermo,

thanks for your report!

The La Rioja image is based on Sugar version 0.84, where you had already
the deprecation warning about sha/hashlib. We fixed this a bit later,
the current master code does use hashlib [1].

As Sugar version 0.84 is quite outdated we do not apply patches there
anymore. If you think an issue might still be present in the current
stable release (0.92) or master please keep on reporting, though. You
can use the latest 0.92 based image from OLPC for that verification
[3][4] or sugar-jhbuild (for example on Fedora 14) for that.

All the detailed patch submission, review process is described here [4].
If that is too complicated for a start, you can use a simple 'diff -u'
as well on two files and send the patch to this list.

Hope this helps and please ask if anything is unclear,
    Simon

[1]
http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-toolkit/mainline/blobs/master/src/sugar/util.py
[2] http://build.laptop.org/11.2.0/os17/