[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Some quick comments on the Journal in 11.2.0 build 16 and Dextrose 508

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:04:56 EDT 2011

Martin,

My own attempt at an alternate Journal Activity, Sugar Commander, can
delete or modify any Journal entry, as well as add new ones.  The only
things it cannot do that the real Journal can do are: copy files to
removable media and SD cards, and launch other Activities.  If you are
concerned that children might destroy or corrupt Journal entries, they
can do that today, with a perfectly ordinary Activity.

Keeping the Journal from appearing in the Neighborhood view is a
simple matter of hiding some controls in the toolbar.  Keeping the
Journal from creating its own Journal entry is simple enough as well.

As for the Zoom metaphor issue, the Journal inherits from Activity
like any other Activity.  Replacing the Journal Activity with an
alternate Activity should be doable.

James Simmons