[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Record UI

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Mar 31 12:49:28 EDT 2011

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gonzalo Odiard
  To: Gary Martin
  Cc: Sugar-dev Devel
  Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Record UI
  - I suggested the sugar-artwork microphone icon (lips) would be good for the audio recording icon (I believe it was originally designed for use as the device icon for a proposed microphone input gain control palette). We didn't formally +1 in the meeting, but worth considering if you don't find it controversial

  I think the lips icons is better to text to speech (I am using it in Read now).
  We need a coherent set of metaphor here.
  What will be represent the icon? The action done by computer or the action done by the child?
  Also, we can record music too, no only talking.

    I totally agree with Gonzalo about the lips icon (see my previous mail) - for these and other reasons. Frankly, I really like the microphone icon. Any reason not to use (reuse) it? (Otherwise, perhaps the ear.)

    Art Hunkins