[Sugar-devel] Dropbox on the XO

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:06:45 EDT 2011

Hi Christoph:

What is the purpouse of this? What is the final result you wish to acomplish?

Dropbox is designed based on syncing in multiple machines, if a child
has only one machine, then i don't think it to be necessary. Unless
working with the "sharing" option of dropbox, but then again, sugar
already has many sharing features.

If you mean for your use or a developer then, I don't really know..
What i do know is that works closely with nautilus rather than
stand-alone. So we would need to figure out how to make it work on the
gnome interface in a sugar+gnome+fedora enviroment.

Cheers.. R

2011/3/31 Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> and again another question from the Austrian pilot project:
> Has anyone tried using Dropbox on an XO? I see that Fedora x86 packages are
> available on http://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=lnx and hence I assume
> that there shouldn't be any problems with GNOME, right? The question now is
> whether there's an easy way to potential have synced files also show up in
> the Journal?
> Thanks in advance,
> Christoph
>
> --