[Sugar-devel] Revamping the Sugar Labs website: request for comment

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:18:10 EDT 2011

Dear Sugar Labs community members,

You may be aware that Sugar Labs marketing people have worked these
past few months with a team from the MIT Sloan MarketLab to analyze
the effectiveness of our website, as perceived by members of the
community. Many of you responded to their survey and some took time
out for interviews. Your participation in this study is greatly
appreciated.

The study is complete [1] and they have made specific recommendations,
in particular how to better assist teachers in getting started with
Sugar. As a result, with the assistance of a team from the Rochester
Institute of Technology, we have begun work on a revamped website [2].
A key component will be a standardized navbar across our separate
sites and sections.

This is in its early stages, but now is the time to solicit your
feedback and ideas, especially in light of the MarketLab findings.
Please look over this document [3] prepared by Christian Marc Schmidt
and the RIT students, Mike Devine and JT Mengel. Mike and JT will be
asking for your input in the coming days; please cooperate with them
and in particular help us find good visual content of Sugar in the
field!

We plan to go live in early May, in time for SugarCamp at the Uruguay
Summit 2011 [4].

Many thanks in advance.

Sean
Sugar Labs Marketing Coordinator