[Sugar-devel] GetBook activity

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Mar 28 15:06:42 EDT 2011

Hello,
I am trying to continue the work done by Sayamindu in the GetBooks activity
and I have a initial version to test and get feedback.
This is a unofficial testing release
New Features:
* Old and New toolbars support.
* Reworked user interface.
* Filter by language (working only in Feedboks server)
* Display of book cover
* Initial support to OPDS Catalogs.
* Support for configuration of local deployments

The configuration can be done adding a file /etc/get-books.cfg and allows:
*  enable/disable off cover display
* enable/disable language filter
* add or remove OPDS sources.

You can download it from http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/GetBooks-6.xo

I have used code from a modified activity from Ceibal project.
I think the Catalogs button is not optimal (the icon and the menu), but i
want it in the first toolbar. Any idea is welcomed.
Also i want know if the deployment need any other configuration/feature.
Send me any other idea/comment.

Gonzalo