[Sugar-devel] Sugar in Tuquito Distribution

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Mar 28 09:34:40 EDT 2011

Alvar Maciel wrote:
> Hello, my name is Alvar Maciel, from Buenos Aires Argentina and I am
> contacting you for different reasons.
> I would like to learn more about Sugar and the procedures that are needed to
> be folowed  in order to make that tuquito (http://tuquito.org.ar this is an
> ubuntu derivated distribution) takes part of the distributions that are
> officially supported by sugar.
> I would like to tell you our case, and what we have done until now
>
> 1. Necessity
> Classmate netbooks has been chosen in some provinces of Argentine and in the
> "Conectar Igualdad Plan" (http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/). These
> computers will have distributions based on Ubuntu. One of the problems the
> users of ubuntu are facing is that the packages of sugar are not up to date
> or we have problems to compile the hulahop seccion and we have errors
> executing the browse activity because of the updating of xulrunner .
>
> 2. Solutions
> considering the situation that we have with the people of Tuquito, we have
> decided to try to solve these problems and compile sugar from jhbuild. You
> can see on these links 2 tickets created by me relating to this job (
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2496 http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2629
> ).

I have downloaded and tested tuquito in VirtualBox 4.0.4 OSX
I tried installing sweets-distribution on it and it works nicely.!

my notes and your note to us are here:
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/tuquito
I have also listed it here
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Community_Distributions
I need your permission to use the tuquito icon for this listing and for
the other page.

I plan to try other ways to install sugar (including directly from
Ubuntu's repo)

(SURF-115.xo needs to be finished and added to distributions repositories.)

 Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit on IRC freenode #sugar

footnote: how is tuquito licensed?