[Sugar-devel] An Activity in /usr/share/sugar/activity must be erased in root terminal before a ( lower version .xo) in sugar-journal will run/ -Is this a feature?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Mar 19 22:31:19 EDT 2011

I just added this entry to:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable#Activities_are_located_in_2_places.

There are instances where It is not possible to run browse-119.xo
installed in the journal, if Browse-120 has been installed in an update.

Is there a better way to force the lower version .xo file to take
priority as the application to run?

What if the latest upgrade of an activity breaks its working well?

Am I correct that removing the installed activity makes this happen? It
seems to.

Tom Gilliard
satellit