[Sugar-devel] Interesting USB-pluggable robots, controller boards, and sensors

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed Mar 16 22:00:10 EDT 2011

> LM567 (uruguay)...U$S 1.5
> others components (R, C, leds)....U$S 4
>
> the cheapest kit?

Guzman

Yes, probably. Thats what I like about it.
add circuit board, battery connector, audio plug, +$2 = $6?

http://littlebirdelectronics.com/products/picaxe-8-pin-proto-kit is $5
but I am not sure what the minimum kit is to be useful, the minimum Picaxe cost is probably in the $5 to $15 range.

If you wanted more inputs and outputs, the Arduino is probably cheaper.

Then there's "low entry"
Pre-built boards like the Arduino are easier than sourcing components and building a board. Your LM567 project is easier on software. Currently Turtle Art supports Arduino boards running Firmata, you need an OS other than the Sugar OS to load Firmata into the Arduino (a smart hacker might be able to do it with terminal).

Tony