[Sugar-devel] 0.92 Activity Testing

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Mar 11 14:43:50 EST 2011

Art Hunkins wrote:
> I notice that all recent activity releases indicate compatibility with
> 0.92 Sugar.
>
> How can that be true if 0.92 is not yet released?
>
> I'd like to test my activities, and have assumed that maybe the latest
> nightly releases represent 0.92 (??). I also note that the "rawhide"
> folder in the nightly repository is unpopulated.
>
> I create my Sugars (SoaS) via the Live USB Creator, and the latest
> Windows version (3.10.0) does not work with these nightly releases
> (Live Creator only seems to handle final releases). Is there some
> other .iso (e.g., rawhide) that represents 0.92 that I can install on
> a USB stick with Live USB Creator?

look at links in:
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Liveusb_Creator:
(pasted from page)

 liveusb-creator Digest, Vol 28, Issue 6
 Message: 2
 Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:02:46 -0500
 From: Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com>
 Subject: [ANNOUNCE] liveusb-creator 3.10.0 Windows release
 To: liveusb-creator at lists.fedorahosted.org
 liveusb-creator 3.10.0 Windows Release

 https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/liveusb-creator/liveusb-creator-3.10.0-setup.exe

 * Changes Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, if
neccessary, to
   get the liveusb-creator running on more versions of Windows.
 *Tickets Fixed  Live USB Creator (3.9.3) doesn't run on Windows XP
   https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/ticket/793

* F14 version for windows released:
http://lewk.org/blog/liveusb-creator-3.9.3.html 01/06/2011

 [SoaS] SoaS windows USB builder
 01:14 PM 01/21/2011
 Kevin Gordon
 Folks:
 It would appear that the fix which now allows the Fedora Windows USB
builder
 to now correctly create a bootable USB stick of the most recent F14 based
 SoaS USB (with syslinux 4.03),  the app now no longer properlry creates the
 previous SoaS versions (the berries) from the spin ISO's, that will boot.
 Workaround appears to be to use the same methodology as before but in the
 case where one wants to create older version bootable usb's,  one now
 manually copies an  *older* 3xx syslinux into the windows working directory
 before doing the build
 Full instructions for this method are listed in this SoaS digest in
previous
 posts.  If one didn't keep their old syslinux, its available in the
archives
 at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/

I am not sure what it will take to burn the latest fedora but
  (there is always dd)
> Desktop# dd if=Fedora-15-AlphaRC2-i686-Live-Desktop.iso of=/dev/sdg
> 1161216+0 records in
> 1161216+0 records out
> 594542592 bytes (595 MB) copied, 157.114 s, 3.8 MB/s
Note: usb boots on ACER ASPIRE ONE including wireless connection
(use "mount" to identify your USB device name.)

Tom Gilliard
satellit