[Sugar-devel] Load testing the XS school server

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 15:10:07 EST 2011

Benjamin Tran (one of my students) has been working on his Masters
thesis for over a year, load testing different hardware configurations
running XS 0.6 school server. He defended his thesis successfully and
his work is now up on the OLPC wiki.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Load_Testing

The platforms tested were:
XS-on-XO1
FitPC
FitPC2
OLPCorps SolidLogic
Generic PC
Dell Precision 670 dual Xeon workstation w/4GB RAM

Note that the work has certain limitations based on his thesis
requirements and the data available from the field. Both Ben and I are
happy to continue the work beyond his thesis effort.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems