[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] A question about adult education in Uruguay

Organización eduJAM! 2011 edujam2011 at ceibaljam.org
Wed Jun 22 17:09:21 EDT 2011

> On a related topic, does Uruguay have anything like free online courses for
> adults, perhaps available in public libraries?

There are all over the country what we call "Centros MEC", from the ministry
of education, where there are computers with connectivity and focus mostly
on digital literacy for adults.

However I'm not aware of any "online course for adults".

One excellent Uruguayan resource for adults to start learning is "the cuckoo
of the computers" (http://ludo.com.uy/cuco/en/), which also has a version
that runs on the XOs (in Spanish):
ftp://200.40.200.101/juegos/rayuela/cuco/CucoXO.xo