[Sugar-devel] Browse and the move to WebKit

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:51:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco at marcopg.org> wrote:
> With WebKit2, this all you need to load a web page into a GtkBox

So that's my understanding of WebKit -- it's easily embeddable.

I am not sure whether the API is as complete or as good as we want it.
IOWs, it's likely not a trivial job to get a good polished result.

Just from using the various webkit-based browsers in existence in
recent Fedoras and Ubuntus -- while both Safari and Webkit are
outstanding (and backed by large dev teams), Surf limited but workable
(a few versions back, need to test latest!...) everything else has
been very unstable and disappointing.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions