[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] new SoaSv5 test image - Last change to test and fix issues

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Jun 17 11:46:48 EDT 2011

Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> Testing 06/14/2011
> ->Trying to create a 2 GB .img file for dd writing to 2 GB USB's<-
>
> SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso - fresh download
> http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso
> *boot CD ACER ASPIRE ONE N450-(external usb DVD/CD writer)
> :insert new USB (Lexar firefly 4GB)
> *sugar terminal
> su
> password (not needed)
> :liveinst
> custom
> / ext4  fill all of usb
> no swap
> > copyright on f15 anacona install screen is 2003-2010<
> sucessful
> *start f15 gnome3-shell from 500GB external HD install
> insert new USB
> *gparted:
> : check device name
> terminal: #
> dd if=/dev/sdb of=SoaSv5-20110612 bs=4k
> *gparted:
> resize partition to <2GiB
> *Boot resized USB
> nm-connection-editor
> wireless add
> (wep ascii password)
> connects to AP as finish adding ssid
> surf and IRC connect on wireless
> NO Jabber connection
> Insert wired network
> My Settings/About Me/color change; restart
> f1 Neighborhood fills with > 200 Avitars
> unplug eth0
> My Settings/About Me/color change; restart
> f1 Neighborhood is empty
>

> *note jabber only seems to work on a wired eth0 connection
> :wireless does not see jabber
> : "did not start" message not present as often on starting applications
> :restart works w/o Plymouth: (nomodeset progress bars)

This is the same for a booted CD:SoaSv5-20110612
*It takes much longer to get journal to display on f3 when the Ethernet
cable is plugged in.
*This seems to be related to the huge sets of data being downloaded from
the jabber. (over 200 avitars fill the screen.)
This only occurs on sugar 0.92.1. Sugar 0.88.1 displays 10-20 avitars at
same time. There must be a different method of broadcast from the
jabber, being used for 0.92.1
*wireless AP (connected with nm-connection-editor) works for surf and
IRC but Jabber remains empty when only wireless connection is used.