[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] copy-to-option in Journal (part of removing the keep button)

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:22:15 EDT 2011

Hi Manuel,

On 12 Jun 2011, at 14:39, manuel quiñones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/6/7 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:
>> Manuel, you mentioned in the design meeting you had some ideas for a clipboard icon, did you make any progress or have some suggestions?
>
> Sorry I completly missed this thread, I'm attaching the idea I had in
> mind for the clipboard, but I think the reusage of the scissors can be
> a good choice.  I would prevent a real clipboard icon.

Thanks. OK so that's -2 votes for a clipboard icon (you and Walter), and +2 votes for scissors (you and Simon). Your new clipboard visual is close to something I was also playing with after Walter's comment that he though the icon should indicate/represent the left Frame edge in some way. I'm not sure though that this approach leads to a clear visual for the user to understand (we don't visually indicate places/sides of the Frame in any other cases). Let's see if we get any more feedback from others, but Simon might want to go ahead land a version with the scissors visual if he's ready.

> And I tried another design for the duplicate icon, the two objects side by side.

Yes I like it. More I think than the version I did as it is more visually distinct, especially as the Copy_to and Duplicate icons will sit right next to each other. I've removed the inkscape XML, tidied the code a little and added in the fill/stroke entities for user colour, happy to go with this if there are no other objections: