[Sugar-devel] Fedora 15 SoaS release and Csound5

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Wed Jun 8 09:59:56 EDT 2011

Peter:

I presume you received the messages immediately listed below, regarding a
solution to the old/new Csound parser issue ("build csound with the scons
option  buildRelease=1").

If you sent questions either to this group, or the Csound-developers list,
I'm sorry; I didn't receive them. Are they perhaps answered in the messages
quoted below?

Also, as I wrote to you a week or so ago, there are no current MIDI issues
with Csound and Sugar. (I had mistakenly thought there were earlier.)

I remain eager to test a rebuilt Csound in the Fedora 15 SoaS context, to
determine if my activities are compatible - and look forward to your
upcoming test release.

Thanks again for all your work on behalf of things musical within SoaS.

Art Hunkins

-------
(Message to csound development listserv)

Steve, Victor and Peter Robinson:

The run-time (CsOptions) flag --old-parser makes my CSD's run flawlessly.
(Thanks for the suggestion/solution, Steve.)

I don't imagine my CSD's are the only ones affected.

Peter, I'd strongly recommend Victor's suggestion of incorporating the scons
option buildRelease=1 into the Csound build for Fedora 15. (For one thing,
it would for the time being not require changes to my Activities.)

Comments anyone?

Art Hunkins