[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] copy-to-option in Journal (part of removing the keep button)

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 7 10:44:30 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

On 6 Jun 2011, at 12:27, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> On 05/25/2011 12:49 AM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>> I have now implemented everything like described below (4-7). The only
>> thing I need is an icon for the clipboard option. Some icon ideas: the
>> pin from the Physics activity, a paper clip (or is that too much Windows
>> Word :). Patches, mockups...welcome! Go designers go!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>
> In the design meeting it has been argued that the 'copy-to-Journal' [1] might be misleading. And instead make it a separate function in the palette [2]. Walter people in the meeting wanted your opinion on that?
>
> I still need the icon for the clipboard. Any news on those?

Here's a shot at the icon for edit-duplicate. I've gone for the simplest step from our existing icon desing, using a + rather than an arrow to indicate duplication rather than movement. An alternative if you want something more distinct could be two overlapping rectangles, one with a + sign in, but that would be different to the current visual language: