[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] copy-to-option in Journal (part of removing the keep button)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:55:35 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> On 05/25/2011 12:49 AM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> I have now implemented everything like described below (4-7). The only
>> thing I need is an icon for the clipboard option. Some icon ideas: the
>> pin from the Physics activity, a paper clip (or is that too much Windows
>> Word :). Patches, mockups...welcome! Go designers go!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>

> In the design meeting it has been argued that the 'copy-to-Journal' [1]
> might be misleading. And instead make it a separate function in the palette
> [2]. Walter people in the meeting wanted your opinion on that?

Was there a log of the meeting? I would be curious as to the reasoning. I
think copy-to  whereever is a pretty straight foward concept; We use copy to
in the view source toolbar, so we'd be consistent with that.

> I still need the icon for the clipboard. Any news on those?

Maybe a mini-document icon superimposed on the left side of the frame icon?

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs