[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.94 - Schedule proposal

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:32:50 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on our previous 6 months development cycle I have drafted a 0.94
> release schedule [1]. As always it is aligned with the GNOME, Fedora and
> Ubuntu cycle.
>
> As we are a bit late in planning and officially announcing the schedule this
> will be a short cycle. If your Feature will miss the boat, no worries there
> will be a next cycle [2].
>
> I think it is good to stick to our schedule model nerveless because it does
> align with the other projects and it will help to strengthen our focus and
> land a few smaller Features and hopefully a lot of bug fixes.
>
> This cycle we will not switch to GNOME 3 and the dynamic gtk bindings yet.
> Hopefully we can advance on that matter for 0.96.
>
> Comments, thoughts welcome, if there are no major objections with that
> proposal - let's start officially the 0.94 hacking!
>
> Regards,
>   Simon
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.94/Roadmap

Simon,

I hope the Translation Team can expect to hear regular direct
communication from the Release Manager on the Localization list (and
not just forwards from me).  This is important in creating an
atmosphere in which the localizers are appropriately acknowledged and
engaged as full stakeholders in the release process.

I will do my usual bit in poking lang admins and the like, but I feel
very strongly about direct communication to the localizers from the
Development team as an important element of binding these two
communities together in common goals.

We'll also need to begin making plans for a proper freeze and
branching on Pootle (*coff* dirakx).  That never really happened for
0.90 and while there is a Fructose 0.84 and a Fructose, it is a little
unclear which would be used by someone making an 0.92 build.

Hopefully we can work together to minimize any possible confusions
going forward.

cjl
volunteer Sugar Labs  / OLPC / eToys Poolte admin

cjl