[Sugar-devel] #2963 UNSP: Sugar telepathy code does not take into account presence status of buddies

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jul 16 05:04:12 EDT 2011

On 13 July 2011 21:52, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> Ok. Though, my point is that jabber.sl.o uses preliminary prosody sugar
> plugin and I'm improving it right now (and sugar code as well, will post
> patches). Will setup jabber-devel.sl.o then.

Oh, now that's the first I've heard of that. So you ditched ejabberd,
changed to a new jabber server, added your own (unpublished?
unreviewed? experimental?) code, and didn't announce the change? All
this on the server that Sugar installations connect to by default?

My points regarding having an extreme case test server still stand -
but knowing that this is a server misconfigured at the code level
change my opinion. We have better ways to spend our time. With this in
mind I'd recommend reverting jabber.sugarlabs.org back to what it was
before, and running your own experiments on servers with other names.

Daniel