[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] icon for search in wikipedia activity

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:08:49 EDT 2011

On 15 Jul 2011, at 14:22, manuel quiñones <manuel.por.aca at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is for sugarlabs ticket #2971 [1] with the following summary and
>
> [1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2971
>
> """
> Wikipedia: Loupe icon is not of the right size
>
> The Loupe icon is designed to be inside the search entry. We are using
> it in the toolbar but looks bad. We need a different icon for the
> toolbar.
>
> """
>
> Here are two variants I did:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/wikipedia_design/wikipedia_search_icon.png
>
> 1. current search icon
> 2. search icon based on the zoom icons
> 3. custom icon with the magnifying glasses over a book
>
> Comments and critics welcome.

If we go for something like 2. I think the magnifying glass could be just a little larger; as for 3. it can work as well but the magnifying glass needs to be a little stronger (perhaps slightly larger and/or thicker stroke and/or moved a little up). Thanks for making the variants, I can take it off my todo list :)

Regards,
--Gary