[Sugar-devel] #2963 UNSP: Sugar telepathy code does not take into account presence status of buddies

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jul 13 12:22:09 EDT 2011

On 12 July 2011 14:26, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
>> #2963: Sugar telepathy code does not take into account presence status of buddies

On a similar note though, Gabble could probably do with some
improvement here too. It is sending dbus broadcast signals for all
those buddies, which (I think - at a glance) causes dbus to melt down
and then stops sugar activities from launching (#2892). As they are
dbus signals and not dbus messages, I don't think it's sugar's fault
on that particular point.

You mentioned on the ticket that you plan to fix jabber.sugarlabs.org.
Would you consider not doing that? :)

It is a nice extreme test case. It may not even be so extreme  - we're
only now scratching the surface of why it murders sugar. If we could
fix things to work against that, or even make improvements, it would
be productive. Or we could at least sleep better at night knowing that
we've looked and things are out of our hands.

Perhaps you could set up jabber2.sugarlabs.org as a "working" server
for people more serious about it, leaving jabber.sugarlabs.org as-is.

Daniel