[Sugar-devel] Reviews of activities in sugarlabs

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Fri Jul 1 07:40:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:36:15AM -0500, James Simmons wrote:
> Maybe allow anonymous reviews?  If a person is just downloading
> Activities and not creating them he doesn't really need an account on
> ASLO, so asking him to get an account just to review an Activity may
> be what keeps many from reviewing.

imho, more useful will be having through/central authentification, eg,
a person started sugar session on his machine, he already has an id
(keys generated by sugar in ~/.sugar/<profile>), thats actually is
pretty enough to write reviews/ranking/etc (btw, in my mind there is no
need in having even Browse activity, the same reviews/ranks/etc might be
processd in local env in application like Ubuntu App Center, ie, what
icarito started). If I got right, it is what silbe started some time ago
but it definitely requires infra support (and it is also needed to
sdk/sweets work I'm doing right now).

> James Simmons
>
> 2011/6/30 Rodrigo Pérez Fulloni <rodripf at gmail.com>:
> > I was thinking that there are too few reviews of activities. I think the
> > review tool should be fomented. I thought a solution could be implement
> > something like the IMDB, where you can set the stars of a movie without
> > having to write a comment and without having to click in a button or another
> > second step. Obviously, if a user wants to write a review he will can.
> > What do you think?
> > --
> > Rodrigo Pérez Fulloni - http://www.rodripf.com

Aleksey