[Sugar-devel] localization turtle art outside of Sugar

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Jan 30 20:18:52 EST 2011

> I installed in my gnome desktop turtle art outside of Sugar.
> It's works in english language.
> I'd like to know if I can  locate the program in my italian language (some
> changes to the file turtleart.py?).
> The locale directory there is  in the directory TurtleArt.activity.
> Thanks
> claudio

Can you please check to what values the LANG and LANGUAGE environment
variables are set?

-walter

Thought I would play with this. Gnome seems to ignore the env where Sugar respects it.

For me, LANG & LANGUAGE are both en_AU.utf8

Sugar is using locale/en but Gnome seems to be applying no translations ("set heading" not "seth" and renaming locale/es to locale/en has no effect)

Tony