[Sugar-devel] Introduction

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-1 at silbe.org
Sun Jan 30 07:27:04 EST 2011

Excerpts from Mike Rehner's message of Fri Jan 28 19:56:12 +0100 2011:

> I am a retired high school computer science teacher from Columbus, Ohio,
> USA. My background includes both computer science and instructional design.
> I would like to volunteer 8-12 hours a week to work with the Activity Team.

Welcome! We can always use some help.

Others have already replied pointing out ways to contribute, so I guess
you already have enough to read up on to keep you busy for a while
before you decide on what you'd like to do. Let me just mention that
you're quite welcome to ask questions both on this list and our IRC
channel, #sugar on FreeNode [1]. Please don't give up if you're not
getting a reply instantly. Most of us have their IRC client running
all day (because it's our way to collaborate across physical borders),
but only check it occasionally (e.g. while we're waiting for a package
to finish building).

If you don't mind everything you write being preserved for eternity [2],
you can also use the #sugar-newbies channel. (The mailing list is
archived, too [3]).

Sascha

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Internet_Relay_Chat#irc.freenode.net_channels
[2] http://jita.sugarlabs.org/freenode/%23sugar-newbies/index.html